Learn more about each member and their business by clicking on their name.
Theresa StrongBel InizioFounder and Executive Director
Bel Inizio, (which means Beautiful Beginning in Italian) works with disadvantaged women to build self-confidence and life skills through fitness and nutrition. Participants train to complete a 5K, which helps them prepare for the ultimate race the race for a better life. Bel Inizio is:
- A proven physical fitness program.
- A short-term therapeutic model that uses an intervention of eight weeks to change the life direction of its clients. Staff and volunteers help participants use problem-solving skills in order to achieve the goal of completing a 5K.
- An empowerment program. Each team generates the mutual commitment, increased energy, encouragement, and collaborative effort necessary so that each individual and every member of the group can generate the power to achieve the goal.
Why Someone Should Support Us:
Bel Inizio brings the power of team work, fitness, and support to individuals who are trying hard to rebuild to lives. We provide the tools to increase coping skills, improve confidence, enhance the likelihood of staying sober, and grow in a community of positive like-minded individuals. Bel Inizio helps disadvantaged women become better mothers, more reliable employees, and stronger role models. Investing time and resources in Bel Inizio is an investment in our community as a whole.
Good Referrals for Me:
- Volunteers who are willing to come out and walk or run with our clients, encouraging each to achieve their goal of completing a 5K race. All ages and fitness levels welcome.
- Individuals interested in learning more about Bel Inizio and sharing our story with a small group of their friends to increase our visibility and reach.
- Individuals and business owners who will support us financially to continue to change the lives of more and more women in and around Houston.